Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wrecked :(


For all of you who haven't been notified in some form or another, I took a bad bike spill yesterday crossing the grated bridge between Downtown Miami and Brickell on Brickell Avenue. Due to the rain, I lost traction in my tires and fell hard to the left side. With bruises, scratches, and some stitches, I managed to make out quite well despite a necessary visit to the ER. Sadly, my bike and helmet are both compromised from the ordeal. But, I am so grateful to the incredible friends and the wonderful support network that I have for looking out for me and helping me when I most needed it. I was so lucky to not be ran over following the fall, and that the same man that stopped in time for me also rushed me to the hospital with my bike in tow. I am very blessed that I will only be out of training and full functionality for a week and hopefully I will be able to figure out a solution to my bike soon. Lessons learned: your helmet will save you, be sure to invest in a great one and also, beware of biking over grated bridges in the rain!! It is a rather painful experience! Thanks you to everyone for your kind words and support. See you all out there training again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment