Monday, April 14, 2014

Florida 70.3


Now that everything has calmed down after an incredible weekend...here is my super abbreviated summary of the last week for Florida 70.3:

Race week, but minus the taper.
Ran a sub 6 min timed mile for my first time ever on Tuesday.
In great company on Wednesday with my boyfriend in town.
Biked Rickenbacker 14x & did a Flywheel class for the first time Thursday.
Ran a sub 19 min 5k for the first time ever on Friday.
Drove to Orlando area Friday for check-in.
Warmed up Saturday with some mini golf, cornhole, and a bike and run.
Got to watch my brother check in for his first ever triathlon and 70.3!!
Ate absurd amounts of food at Olive Garden.
...
Race Day
Slept horribly and stuck to my nutrition plan of the bare minimum.
Hugged a couple of my favorite men goodbye before walking to swim start.
Swam the M shape, decent 37m, not my fastest, but better than last year.
Raced through T1.
Got on the bike with permission from my coach to go hard.
Loved the course and posted my fastest split yet at 2:31.
Hills felt small from Oceanside and roads felt smooth from New Zealand.
T2 was a breeze and onto the run.
After causeway repeats the mile 1 hill seemed less daunting.
Step by step I chipped away at 13.1 miles in the heat, not keeping time.
Easy to push knowing Tommy and Dave were doing the same.
1:38 despite the heat/construction narrow passing routes on the long hill.
Final time: 4:51!!! Broke the 5 hour barrier Now for a new goal!
...
5:24 to a 4:51 on the course, 5:01 to a 4:51 for my PR, 2nd place AG, qualified for WC and got to roll the slot down.
...
Best part??? Seeing Dave mid-run and watching him finish, plus hugging Tommy during his run and catching his finish as well. I am so proud of both of them for having such great races. I am blessed to have gotten to see so many friends at the race as well. It was a spectacular weekend...even had a Ghiradelli sundae and a great time at Legoland to celebrate.
...
Now that the race and fun is over, my thoughts are directed towards Boston Marathon. It is hard to believe it has been a year. Very soon, I will be running the very same course that has changed so many lives. It will be a race from my heart, no goals, no stress, just in honor of everyone who has been affected by tragedy of the past in hopes of promoting the promise of the future.
...
As always, thank you so much to my teammates and family/friends that I thought of countless times during the race (Wolfpacktri). Thanks to our sponsors for keeping me hydrated, geared up, and ready for training and race day. Nuun Hydration, SeeMeInTheDark.com, iRun, Andreas Ultrabikexstudio, and Trivillage.com Fan Club Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment